Re: Edenglen Funky Walk – Saturday 02 February 2019
Its again time for the Edenglen Primary School Funky Walk, organised by the EPS Parents’ Association.
As per previous years have shown, this event has proved to be a popular fundraiser for the school.
This is a compulsory School event and is attended by Pupils along with their Parents, Friends and Family members (dressed in the Theme colours of course !)
This year it is taking place on Saturday 02 February, starting at 08h30.
Participants are expected to be off the route by 09h45.
After the Walk, festivities will continue on the school field.
Please note the following points:
- Residents are welcome to enter the Walk if they wish to do so (Entry tables will be open early, on the school field).
- Please expect some traffic and parking around the school in the morning.
- There will be food stalls and goodies for sale on the school field.
- As usual, the route marker Arrows and Litter will be cleaned up directly after the last participant has passed through the check points.
- Mamba Security will assist at the Steyn Avenue road crossing. Other intersections will be manned by Volunteer Parents and Teachers.
- Water Tables will be handing out Water Sachets to participants. Each water table will have a first-aid kit (just in case).
- For safety reasons, no dogs are permitted.
- The event is expected to be closed around 12h30.
We look forward to another successful event to build the school spirit !
Efforts will be taken to keep any disruptions to a minimum.
The EPS Parents Association extends our thanks to the community for your co-operation.
Edenglen Primary School Parents Association
Remember to always maintain a high level of awareness, especially when you are leaving or entering your home/driveway. Please tell your family and domestic workers to also be on the lookout. Report all suspicious behaviour to Mamba control room (tel number below) and warn the residents using the Mamba Whatsapp Security Group and/or @ESRCAlert.
The Edenglen South Road Closure Committee
Committee: Des Kelly, Derek Gowans, Dave Lones, James Taylor.
Emergency – Mamba (011 609 0227)
SAPS Sector 3 vehicle 071 675 6841 (this number is also used for Sector 1, Sector 2 and Sector 4 can be contacted on 071 675 6844)
Mamba Whatsapp Security Group – to join contact Mamba or SMS your name and address to 083 300 2975.
Twitter – report any suspicious activity or crime in progress by including the word @ESRCAlert in your tweet or send a direct message to @ESRCAlert. Make sure you are following @ESRCAlert to receive any crime related messages.
– Our official web site, all past newsletters are posted here.
www.edenglensrc.blogspot.com – Community notice board. Do not post crime reports or closure operational issues here rather use our email for this.
This email is intended only for residents who live in the Edenglen South Road Closure and should not be distributed in any form without the direct approval of the ESRC Committee. This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information. This information is private and protected by law and, accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to delete this entire communication immediately and are notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution, or taking any action based on this information is prohibited. Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses. The sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any interception, corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or incompleteness of or tampering or interference with any of the information contained in this email or for its incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever reason or its effect on any electronic device of the recipient.